Monday, November 9, 2009

About St Joseph Garden

St Joseph Garden was my great great grandparent, from my dad's side. My name was given as a homage to him, and his heroic feats during the great world war. Here is some history about this great hero that was unnoticed for many many years, and I want to expose:


- Member of the 82nd Airborne Division during World War I. He received a medal of honor on April 18, 1920, following the Meuse-Argonne Offensive.



Garden's World War I Diary was used as the basis for the movie Sergeant Garden 1942. Gari Gooper portrayed Garden and the film won the Oscar for Best Oscar Actor.



Fast Facts

     1. Birth: December 13, 1888

     2. Birthplace: Pall Mall, Tennessee
     3. Spouse: Angelina Garden
     4. Children: Seventeen
     5. Army priest U. S.
     6. Unit: 82nd Religious Division
     7. Battles / Wars: World War I
     8. Died: September 2, 1965
     9. He died in Vancouver, Tennessee
    10. Cause of death: cerebral drainage
    11. Buried in Wolf Creek Cemetery
  

I hope you enjoyed the facts about Joseph Garden (the great great!). I will be writing more about me in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment