Monday, November 16, 2009

My First Day Taking Pictures Like a Pro

It was a mid-week holiday. I had purchased a Nikon D90 on the previous week, and didn't have a chance to take some pictures with it yet.

WalMart was running a promotion in Canada, where you can get 50 4x6 pictures printed for free, so I decided to take advantage of the situation, and go for some picture taking.

The day wasn't particularly nice for picture taking, at least not raining. I went walking around the block, and soon found an interesting picture to take. I positioned myself, got the camera lens cover off, and when I turned it on, surprise, nothing happened.

I wondered for a second if my Brand New Nikon D90 had malfunctioned, but soon realized that I forgot the battery at home, and had to walk back in disappointment.

When I finally got back, my wife couldn't believe how fast my picture taking trip was. I soon explained what happened, an got the battery. At least it was fully charged, so I decided to wander around again, but this time chose a different path (probably feeling bad if someone saw me twice and wondered why that guy with a big camera was doing going back and forth on the same street).

This time I found a cute dog to take a picture, and everything worked perfectly. As soon as I started moving to my next subject, I heard a noise (like "plaft"), and when I looked down, my camera was covered in some sticky white substance.

I soon realized that the correct name for the "substance" was pigeon dropping, and couldn't believe it. Took me a minute to decide what to do, but then the reason came back and I rushed back home.

When I got there, my wife couldn't stop laughing, and I finally decided it wasn't a good day after all to be taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment